Monday, September 01, 2008

Beautiful Melodies

I have fallen in love with music. Maybe I've always loved it though . . . I used to plug the old school radio/alarm into the outlet under my bed and crawl underneath and turn the dial in hopes of locating a station. I didn't understand that since my room was in our home's basement and the radio was under my bed, that stations wouldn't come in all that well. But it worked for me. It was an escape from the rule of only Christian music established by my parents. Remember 90's Christian music? This is what I rebelled for . . . she used to tie her hair up with ribbons and bows, sign her letters with x's and o's . . . Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly, he packed his suitcase and kissed his kids goodbye - isn't it ironic . . . don't go chasing waterfalls, please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to . . . MMMbop tick a ta ba do ba dubi da ba do ba yeah eh yeah . . . She says days go by I don't know why I'm walking on a wire. I close my eyes and fly out of my mind into the fire . . . Hey, come on try a little nothing is forever, there's got to be something better than in the middle, but me and Cinderella we put it all together, we can drive it home, with one headlight . . . but don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart, I just don't think it'd understand . . . don't speak I know just what you're saying so please stop explaining don't tell me 'cause it hurts . . . yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want, so tell me what you want, what you really really want zigazig ha . . . like strawberry wine and seventeen the hot July moon saw everything, my first taste of love oh bittersweet, green on the vine like strawberry wine . . . OK, that's more than enough! So, this was all to say how much I enjoy music, I'd rather spend my money on it than on coffee, uh, and my bank statement verifies that. So free music, along with free coffee, may just be some of the greatest things on earth! Here's a new artist that I thoroughly enjoy, and by that I mean I just listened to her cd 3 times (I get to sleep in tomorrow!), and you can download her album for free. Enjoy. 




No comments: