Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The countdown...

As I am eagerly awaiting, with great anticipation, for the end of school and the arrival of my wedding God brought to mind that I should be present now, not always counting down the days to something new.
What a challenge huh? Are we always waiting for something bigger and better to arrive instead of basking in the here and now? Are we always looking forward to the adventure around the corner instead of living in the one we're currently in? Do we get so focused on what is next that we forget to tune in to current events? How much am I missing on my run while I zoom in on the finish line? I've gotten so tired that I've forgotten about the fellow travelers, and how God selected us to make this trip together!

All I can think about these days is that there are only "fill in the blank" days left of school! What about the students who need me to set a good example about finishing strong? About good work ethic? This is no time for me to slack off! Nor is it time for me to dream about the new horizons. This year has been hard. It's been character building. It's produced some tears and some angry rants along with some pretty good laughs. What a great reality check Lord, to be present and active and engaged in these last few days thank you.

Yes it is finally the exciting part of the wedding planning; the large details are taken care of, wedding gifts are arriving, RSVP cards are filling the mailboxes, all the frustration and stress now seems worth it. I have to remind myself that it's ok to be excited, that is normal! But I have to live in today instead of dreaming about tomorrow. Today is the gift that I have been given, I will rejoice and be glad in it! even if it's snowed more than 6 inches...

There is a goal, and the finish line is in sight, but let me suggest to you to take part in the race, be a part of the journey to get to the end.

No comments: