Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Good day,
gone bad,
gone good again.

= emotional roller coaster.

Woke up having started my period - that just sets a great tone for the day - sorry I had to share that detail, but it's a validating piece of information. I was running a little late and forgot my lunch and books for my class after teaching. Forgot to include the flour needed in one of the two recipes the students used today - big booboo. Then both recipes baked at different temperatures and the students had issues sharing their ovens. I was covered in flour and crisco by the end of the day which was super fun since I was again behind schedule (cleaning up 5 kitchens used by 180 students is NO BUENO) to get to the only class I have now...But joy, full time teaching instead of full time student. This was the good part of my day.

I ended my Research class ready to drive off a cliff... My assessment tools did not align with my National Standards and Goals so I needed to start over. ha, like that's an option, two months of work needing to be changed a week away from the time the Work Sample is due. But I smiled and promised I was not overwhelmed and left the classroom. An hour later I got an email from that professor saying I should come to her house and she'd help me work through this issue. After another hour we had it all fixed. Close call. That was the bad part gone good.

Now my toes are freezing again, and I'm thoroughly exhausted, and very thankful that that disaster was short lived.

I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip - He who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you - the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the mood by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm- He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. -Ps. 121

No comments: