Monday, May 25, 2009

I was driving down I 14; dodging the potholes, blinking back the tears, and shielding the setting sun from my eyes. Mt. Hood boasted in front of me and the familiarity of the this place brought peace and sadness. Someone honked their car horn and my heart skipped a beat... The sounds of Ecuador already seem so far away, so long ago. 

I'm at Sean's - for the first time in a month I have the alone time that I have craved and I despise it. Dad will be here any day and then I have to follow him to Medford and Klamath Falls to drop off two cars before we head to Anchorage. I said no goodbyes at Graduation and then left for Ecuador and now I don't know when I will get a chance to say goodbye this week... I'm trusting in God's timing - I just wish I had the peace I originally had about this ending. 

No comments: