Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Months ago at the Beyond Music Worship Conference one of the Speakers addressed our Dream. That one Dream, the thing you were made for, that you hunger after with all that you can muster. That message was revisited again, God's promise to give us the desire of our heart, the Sunday after the conference and I remember praying with Sarah and Charissa about it. I was so dead to emotion and hope at that time that I had no idea what that Dream was or belief that God would do as He promised.
I think I know what it is now. But in our current society I don't really want to shout and jump up and down about coming to this understanding. I spent the last four years getting an education, this year trying to figure life out, and the next year I'll be in school again. My mind cannot justify the money spent on school and finding myself to pursue this dream. The world doesn't seem to support it either. But alas, can you fight the dream that you were born to follow? Can we really fight our hearts?

They who wait for the Lord
shall renew their strength,
they shall mount up with wings
like eagles,
they shall run and not be weary,
they shall walk and not faint.
-Isaiah

Perhaps this quiet yet unquiet waiting is the harbinger of grace,
or perhaps it is grace itself.
-Franz Kafka

Let us, then, be up and doing,
With a heart for any fate;
Still achieving, still persuing,
Learn to labor and to wait.
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments: