Tuesday, January 15, 2008

what a day.



I wanted to cry when my phone rang at 5:30 am this morning. Subfinder. It wouldn't have been so bad if Brandon and I hadn't stayed up so late eating Taco Bell and watching Ace Ventura. oops. But it was for a good cause, that's what family's for!
It took me a good 15 minutes to convince myself to pick a job for the day, in all honesty I just wanted to stay in bed! There was a high school band class, an elementary class at Muldoon (the school from hell) and multiple others. I finally decided on Northern Lights - and God did not disappoint!

I was a couple minutes late because I had to stop and get coffee - but my grande skinny sugar free vanilla latte was fabulous. They even put it in my new mug too! double awesome! The secretary greeted me by name and everyone I passed in the hall said hello and offered there assistance if I needed anything. I spent the day with 25 3rd graders and they were amazing! We read books, learned "some, some more" math problems, had a spelling bee, and had show and tell. I get to go back tomorrow too! I'm pretty much stocked.

And get this - on my way home I checked in with Heritage about subbing at the end of the week and later on in the month, and Mrs. Adams, the Principle, asked if I was interested in a full time teaching position next fall. SHUT UP. Please be praying for me on that one . . . seriously, who pays to go back to school when you can get paid to teach. . . *sigh*

3 comments:

Bethany Bylsma said...

holy smokes batman! look at you go....
i love you!

ryan said...

suuuuuwweeeeeet! except for your silly sugar free coffee. sugar free? come on now...

Whitney said...

Oh my heart hurts! I'm so excited for you my love! Subbing seems to be a dream come true for you, and a regular job, WOW how lucky are you?

I'll be praying for you!