Wednesday, May 06, 2009

uhhh... what's for lunch?
mayonaise, ham, ketsup, cheese, and mustard on bread? si, bueno =) Thankfully I'm not a picky eater and I am adventurous... but still, the ketsup was a little weird.
A main staple here is soup, or sopa. Fernando, the ACLAS director said there are some hundered different kinds! I've only had two so far: potato (popas) and lentil (lentija). Both were ¡qué rico! (you eat popcorn with the lentija!) I was very full after just the sopa... but lunch is the biggest meal of the day, and the sopa was only the first part... next was arroz - lots and lots of arroz - and grilled pescado and tomate, or spaghetti! Mind you, all restaurant size! So much food...
Breakfast and dinner are small meals, huevos and fruit or just ban with café. I understand why these meals are small, but let me tell you - having a big meal, in the middle of the day, when it is still warm... nap time =)
¡buen provecho!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

mmm I hope you're taking notes. I 'spect some authentic Latino meals when you get home. (sans the funky sandwich. I'd be ok if you lost the 'recipe' for that one. ;))

Glad you're having fun.
Miss you.
xoxo