Tuesday, September 15, 2009

“I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.’ The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.” Lamentations 3:24-26

I know I shouldn’t be “amazed” since God never changes, but I guess it isn’t “wrong” to be amazed by God either…

There are some mornings that I wake up and wonder, “God, how am I going to make it through another day?” And He simply smiles and makes a beautiful sunrise. A student brings me an apple. My Principal drops off a paycheck. Mom brings me lunch. Coffee warms up my cold fingers and toes. Ryan calls just to say "Hi!" before he gets on the jet. Lectures roll clearly off my tongue and students ace their quizzes.

This verse in Lamentations reminds me that in the midst of chaos and confusion, in the midst of tiredness and frustration, in the midst of my weakness – is an Amazing God. I simply need to look to Him and He will be my portion.

“And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” -2 Corinthians 9:8

No comments: