Monday, September 22, 2008

I need to go home.
I just, I can't do "this" anymore. I need a change of scenery, a break from my roommates (whom I really do love), some fresh mountain air, a late night with Janelle and Alicia, a conversation with Sarah, a hug from my mom, even a mini-lecture from my dad.
I'm being suffocated by text books and pointless reflection papers. I can't focus on what I'm supposed to read and I can't regurgitate it when I need to write. I realize I'm in a program to get my Masters degree, and when I signed up I knew it would take over my "life." But honestly, I have to be a healthy person to be a healthy student to be a healthy teacher. And that isn't who I am right now. I have a perpetual headache, an upset stomach, and a back that feels like it may explode from the inside out.
I don't mean to complain, I really don't, everyone around me does enough of that. I just need a break, a chance to get away. A moment to not analyze, to just be me.
Quiet, giggly, touchy-feely, sober.

No comments: