Thursday, September 10, 2009

My students are ridiculous. passionate. eager. loud. tired. helpful. interested. wondering. complainers. selfish. boisterous. curious. They are simply human. They give me nicknames. They ask about my boyfriend (who they quite frequently refer to as my husband which cracks me up). They could sleep through class but as soon as sports or makeup is mentioned they are all ears. They make me laugh. They make me want to cry sometimes too. But most of all, they were each created with a specific purpose, they were each hand designed by the Creator of the Universe. What a privilege it is to be allowed to teach them. What an honor.

Psalm 139: 13-16
For You created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
Your eyes say my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.

No comments: