Saturday, December 05, 2009

Although character building is not always pleasant at the time... I do have to admit that I enjoy being able to look back and see how far I have come... recognize how much I've grown... And it continues to humble me and remind me, that my journey, our journey, is not over until we're running through the gates of Heaven.

I love the Holiday season - I'd even go so far as to say that I'm addicted to it. The snow, the apple cider, the cold fingers and toes and noses, the fire place, the smells... It's the time of year where we're reminded of what our Maker did for us... Glorious doer of the Impossible...

I'm a little Type A Personality...
I'm a little OCD...
I'm a little controlling...
I'm a little detailed oriented...

A fabulous mixture for disaster... There are many times that I have to take a deep breath and step away - remind myself that my delightful middle schoolers decorated my classroom, and it isn't that they don't appreciate hanging Christmas lights in a straight line, and they just didn't think about the high schoolers who are taller than them who will walk into the balloons hanging so low from the ceiling, and they were simply excited that they got the stapler to work so they weren't thinking about the garland being too long on one side of the board and too short on the other. It's a disaster, but it's decorated, and it's okay that it isn't perfect, we got to laugh and cringe and listen to Christmas music together.

"What is the nature of your life? You are really but a wisp of vapor that is visible for a little while and then disappears into thin air." (James 4:14)
"See, I have engraved you on the palms of My hands..." (Isaiah 49:16)
These verses give me greater perspective... I am reminded that life, my life, is but a vapor - easily disappearing, but even still, my name has been written on God's hands.... He, He is my Glorious Possible...

No comments: