Sunday, November 25, 2007

My heart aches. Not just any-ole-ache though. It's an ache that goes
so deep, and hurts so intensely that my body, my mind, and my soul are
slowly becoming numb.

I found myself absently singing the worship songs in church this
morning. Thinking more about myself than anything. And then Jordan
led us in his own rendition of "How Great" and all the little lenses
that create the glass that I see the world through clicked into
place and all came into focus.

God is Great. He is greater than my understanding. He is greater than
my dreams. He is greater than my joy. He is greater than my sorrow. He
is greater than the silence. He is greater than the chaos. He is
greater than my debt. He is greater than the difference between
paycheck and bills. He is Great.

And I think that is all that I need.
So, when my heart hurts so badly that I almost can no longer feel – I
remember that He is Great.
When I no longer have the words to describe how I feel – I remember
that He is Great.
When I no longer have the energy to cry for help – I remember that He is Great.
When I look out into the world and am crushed – I remember that He is Great.
When I doubt – I remember that He is Great.
When nothing makes sense and there are no answers – I cling to the
fact that my God, the Creator of the Universe, my Savior, and my very
Best Friend, is Great.

No comments: