Thursday, February 28, 2008

Little Girls

Every little girl’s dream is to be noticed, to be loved. Right? We all have some form of a fairytale in our heart at one point or another, and I’m pretty certain that no matter what life throws our way or how jaded we become we never lose that dream, even if it is reduced to a tiny grain of sand. I could be wrong; I’m not a genius or anything, that’s just my thought.
Proverb 13:12 “Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.”

But I’m pretty sure that we’ll do whatever it takes to make that dream come true, and I’m afraid that we ruin ourselves in the process. We give in. We settle for less. We become someone we aren’t, someone we weren’t created to be. Hopefully we learn from the mistakes we make. Hopefully we become better people through the process.
Psalm 71:20 “Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.”

When do we realize or believe that we indeed have already been noticed, that we’re already loved and cherished, despite what is or has been taking place in our life? It isn't about score, or clothes, or what we say, or what we do.
Psalm 139: 13-16 “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”

And when we believe it, what the world offers doesn’t matter so much; at least I hope that’s how it is. I’m not there yet. That’s my confession. I care about the things of the world. I still seek your approval. I crave your touch. I long for your whisper, your encouragement . Even though you continually break my heart.
Psalm 45:10 “Listen, O daughter, consider and give ear: Forget your people and your father’s house. The king is enthralled by your beauty.”

I’m trying to listen Lord.
I'm trying to believe.
I know You're all I need,
I'm just not sure how to agree.

No comments: