Friday, April 11, 2008

One of my students asked me today during class, "What do you want Ms. Tompkins?" I smirked at him. "Teddy, I want you to finish your assignment without talking." The whole class laughed. I love Teddy, but the poor child cannot sit still, not even if his life depended on it.
What a loaded question though, What do I want? There are a lot of things. Some good, some bad, some selfless, some selfish.

I want . . .
. . . to hear the Father's heartbeat.
. . . to not be afraid.
. . . to live.
. . . to play the piano for worship.
. . . to make an impact.
. . . to leave a mark.
. . . to fall in love again.
. . . to build a house.
. . . to travel to Europe.
. . . to save more than I spend.
. . . to run a marathon.
. . . to be transparent.
. . . to be desperate for Jesus.
. . . to be transformed by love.
. . . to be more honest.
. . . to be more like my Creator.
. . . to be a good daughter.
. . . to be a good sister.
. . . to be a good wife.
. . . to be a good mother.
. . . to be a good teacher.
. . . to be a good friend.
. . . to be the one you hold hands with.
. . . to be the one you think about.
. . . to be the one you trust.
. . . to be the one you share your dreams with.
. . . to be the one who makes you laugh.
. . . to be the one who leans on you.
. . . to be the one who makes you smile.
. . . to be a blessing.
. . . to be an encourager.
. . . more love.
. . . more compassion.
. . . more humility.
. . . more passion.
. . . more grace.
. . . more patience.
. . . my parents to get along.
. . . my brothers to be great men of God.
. . . my friends to be ravished by the love of Christ.
. . . my students to notice a difference.

and that's just the beginning!

No comments: