Monday, April 21, 2008

Transition to Transformation

The Word is so alive. It’s incredible. And it amazes me that every time we meet, for small group, church, youth group, fellowship, what is shared quickens my heart, encourages me to press in deeper. Does anyone else sense this too? My eyes have been unveiled. My ears have been unstopped. I’m dancing in the River.

*Suggestion* you should go to iTunes, Podcasts, and search for Abbott Loop Community Church. Two podcasts should come up; ALCC, Generation Ministries. I highly recommend subscribing to these!

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because He first loved us. –John

When I came face to face with the Love of my Abba my life was transformed. I’m still in transition though, part of life I am beginning to come to terms with =), but when I understand what it means to be loved nothing else really matters.

Not that nothing “matters” but my understanding and perception has changed. My heart quickens at the mention of His name. I don’t care who is in the room anymore, I’ll stand and sing and raise my hands and dance in the presence of the King. He is my audience, no longer are you. I’m no longer afraid to speak – the lie that my humanness will cloud the message has been refuted. God gave me a voice, He gave me a message, He knows that I’ll make mistakes, He’s planned that into the equation, He redeems my offering. And I now understand how He sees me, and that unconditional love causes me to stand and not waver.

His Love. It quiets my heart in the storm. It provides peace in uncertainty. It encourages me to stop my wandering thoughts. It reminds me that purity is my platform. It allows a way out of temptation. It gives me new determination. It teaches me patience.

No comments: