estimated departure time; Sunday June 1st 10 am 2008.
destination; 715 Foothills Dr. Newberg Oregon
estimated arrival date; Tuesday June 3rd 10 pm 2008.
At my goodbye party my friends wrote little nuggets for me to take along for the journey. I was trying to hold out for the drive to start reading them, but boredom got the best of me. Now, not only does my stomach hurt from the Group Power class mom and I did this morning, but I've been laughing uncontrollably for a few minutes. Thought you cyber-readers might enjoy a few of these little tokens as well.
I know God is calling you back to school and I know that He is going to use you there in BIG ways! Remember to keep Him close to your heart always and not to be afraid if He is calling you to do something, His ways are so much better than ours. -Sarah
We will miss you again, b/c you enjoy leaving, then coming back, then leaving again. Next time just stay will yah! -Reid
Keep persevering until you have accomplished the dream that God put in your heart. -Tamara
I'm glad I'm your best friend out of everyone, you don't have to tell anyone, but we know. Don't fall in water - cause that would make you cold and that would be sad. -James
Eat your veggies.
Brush your pearly whites.
Send us postcards =)
Protect your knees.
Come back please, Love you! -Janna
My 1st bit of advice: keep it real.
My 2nd bit of advice: don't go chasing waterfalls.
My 3rd bit of advice: if the food is delicious, eat it, if not, eat food that is.
Amanda is the best substitute teacher ever. First class, my friend, first class. -Matt
I was going to tell you something that would encourage, inspire and uplift you ... then I lost my train of thought. -Paige
Top 10 Things to Look for on a Road Trip
10. Road kill; especially ones that can be used for a quick dinner. Check for warmth.
9. Mooners; the only way to get rid of them is to moon them back.
8. Pot Holes; no one wants a broken axel, or to unexpectedly pee their pants (use the bathroom every time you stop for gas)
7. Wildlife; if it looks human, drive faster (after you take the picture).
6. State troopers/mounties; the ones with mustaches can be bribed with beer.
5. Caravans; this would not be a good point to pass.
4. Rest stops; sustenance and rejuvenation.
3. Cow crossings; these can become mandatory rest stops. Feel free to use the car door as a bathroom stall.
2. Tourists; enough said.
1. Hitchhikers; if they are carrying a body bag, they may just need help burring it!
Words of Wisdom
1. Always don't forget to wear a jacket.
2. Wear deodorant.
3. When you go on a roller-coaster, close your mouth.
4. When you go to the bathroom, make sure it's the women's room.
5. When you're getting tased, make sure you're not holding water.
6. Don't lick frozen poles.
7. If you don't know the answer for a test, put Jesus.
8. Before parachuting, make sure you have one.
9. When creating a manger scene, don't forget Baby Jesus!
10. If it says "wrong way" turn around!
11. If it says "cliff ahead" jump.
12. If you're wearing your Alaskan Grown shirt and people ask "are you from Alaska" politely reply "no it's my boyfriend's."
13. If asked where you are from say, "Alaska, and yes, I live in an Igloo."
14. Make sure your underwear corresponds with the correct day.
15. Don't forget to change the oil in the car.
16. Hold a strangers hand before you cross a street or major intersection.