Monday, June 16, 2008

It's on the tip of my heart, the words to say
but I fall apart and I walk away.
There's an angry world pressed against my back
and at every turn I keep looking back.
And I know You promise me
love through eternity.
So why can't I just hold on?
I want to live, I want to love
but I'm afraid my simple faith will never be enough.
I want to laugh, I want to be set free
and let You hold all that my soul has deep inside of me.
But I don't know where to start
it's on the tip of my heart.
So would You take my hand, because I'm sinking in
to this life I've made, but don't understand.
The clock moves so slowly, but time goes so fast
in this whirlwind world that will never last.
This love You're giving me
it's not just make believe.
Help me just to hold on.
You open the sky, and open my eyes
and all my fears are scattered away.
So I walk in grace, because I've seen Your face
You are all that matters to me.

God, my God, I cry out
Your beloved needs You now
God, be near, calm my fear
and take my doubt.
Your kindness is what pulls me up
Your love is all that draws me in.
I will lift my eyes to the Maker
of the mountains I can’t climb.
I will lift my eyes to the Calmer
of the oceans raging wild.
I will lift my eyes to the Healer
of the hurt I hold inside.
I will lift my eyes, lift my eyes to You.
God, my God, let Mercy sing
her melody over me.
God, right here all I bring
is all of me.
‘Cause You are and You were and You will be forever
the Lover I need to save me.
‘Cause You fashioned the earth and You hold it together, God
so hold me now.

No comments: