Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I don't know what to say.
I'm tired of the drama.
I'm tired of you ignoring me.
I'm tired of waiting.
I'm exhausted.
I'm dreaming of people I don't want to dream about.

Nothing seems to make sense anymore - except to keep taking the next step.
I want to move home for all the wrong reasons.
I don't want to stay here for all the other reasons.

I leave the classroom at the end of the day completely and utterly exhausted. But I can't hate it because instantly their smiles pop into my mind, I feel their hugs, I hear their laughter. Only that week at home has made me as happy as they do. They make it worth the endless hours on my computer, compiling data, writing reflections, jumping through hoops...
And I didn't know how I would move on from the students from trimester one. Now I can't remember life before the students from trimester two. People come and go in our lives. I'm trying to be more patient with that process. I'm trying to grasp every moment and taste its richness.

The moments matter. The words we say mean something. The silence is sometimes louder than we think it is. And every choice we make impacts someone or something else.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Forget here. Forget there. Let's go somewhere new.

Roswell, New Mexica. Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Silverwood, Montana. I'm ready for an adventure if you are.





Ok for reals though, you're doing a good job. Just keep moving, keep swimming. With ever corner your turn, the clearer your destination will become. ;)

Love ya!