Monday, March 09, 2009

His mercies are new every morning. (Lamentations 3:22-23)

Day 1. New home. New classroom.

My new room has a window that looks out over a street. The street is a "backroad" and doesn't get too much traffic, correction, car traffic. There seems to be plethora of runners, walkers, and doggies. Distracting and inspiring. There is also a large tree, don't even ask me what kind it is because I have no clue, but it's beginning to bud and that is delightful.

My new classroom has little chairs, preschool chairs to be exact, rainbow shaped tables, three shelves of books, a four foot tall Barbie house, tubs of large and small cars, a tot-sized kitchen and workshop. The preschoolers have a 3 week break; the high schoolers have finals this week, change classes next week and then have Spring Break. So this week, all three days of it, I will rearrange our two classrooms, help organize the abundance of toys and papers so we can find desks and floor, and lesson plan. I won't see students, of any age, until next week - and then we'll hound them and pound them with information about being responsible (aka - showing up for class and being on time), dressing appropriately (for interacting with 3 and 4 year olds), and what it is like to be a big buddy for such a young and malleable person.

Bring on the new adventures, but don't let me forget about the journey I've been on to get to this place and time.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

oh honey. I'm so glad you're settling in so well. AND I'm glad that you have such a lovely window. I loved my window in the foothills house. :)

Over at the new house I don't have a great view out of my window but it's all mine so who cares lol.


Miss you, roomie!