Thursday, April 02, 2009

Do you remember the time where band-aids fixed everything?


Now that I'm teaching in a preschool I've been bombarded with owies.


Hugs go along way for the soul of a small child, but a band-aid fixes everything.


Tummy aches go bye-bye. Stepped on fingers are soothed. Booboos get all better, with a simple band-aid.


I miss the simplicity of the aches and pains that band-aids could fix.


But I suppose that I've graduated from band-aid fixing booboos to needs that only the Healer can address. And whereas band-aids only patch up, He gets to the root of the problem and helps me become a better and stronger person.

In my anguish I cried to the Lord,
and He answered me by setting me free.
The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?
The Lord is with me, He is my helper.
I will look in triumph on my enemies.
-Ps. 118:5-7

No comments: