Monday, April 06, 2009

preschool magic.

for a few moments today I forgot about all the things that are going on in my life.
Research.
Work Sample.
Ecuador.
Jobs.
Resumes.
Applications.
Bills.

and smiled at preschoolers chasing the easter bunny, sunshine on my face, bubbles, hula-hoops, sidewalk chalk, and worry-free giggles.
I went on a run and admired the beginnings of a tan. I soaked up the 78° weather like there was no tomorrow. And now it is time to slip back into reality.
And I'm beginning to realize that in the journey to become more like Christ, I have to let go of my desire to please anyone but Him. Some realizations bring freedom - others a little more confusion first.

Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him, for He shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders. Deuteronomy 33:12

No comments: