Tuesday, April 08, 2008

stepping out of my comfort zone - might not always be the best idea.
sometimes it's nice to have the wind in your hair - but it becomes a tangled mess and sticks to your lip gloss.
sunbeams refresh my weary soul - and also leave painful reminders on my face.
we may be having fun - that doesn't mean it's a good thing.

I've made mistakes in my life.
I've let people take advantage of me,
and I accepted way less than I deserve.
But I've learned from my bad choices and
even though there are some things I can never
get back and people who will never be sorry,
I'll know better next time and
I won't settle for anything less than I deserve.

maybe life will always be a paradox.
I'll probably make more wrong choices than right.
at some point, one day, I'll stop thinking about you.
I'll figure out what the hell to do with my life.

I'm making my own way. Highs. Lows. Digging my own holes.
Pierce me with that look of disgust, aghast at my divulgence.
One day things'll make sense. I'll find what I'm looking for.
I'll find the treasure. Claim it as my own. And finally toss aside these trinkets and trophies of the unreal world.
Passion will finally let itself be found and my mediocrity, apathy, and laziness will be washed away.

"While I fear that we're drawn to what abandons us, and to what seems most likely to abandon us, in the end I believe we're defined by what embraces us. Life is all a matter of choosing which voices to tune in and which to tune out, a lesson I learned long before most people, but one that took me longer than most to put to good use." JR Moehringer

"Slumbering in every human being lies an infinity of possibilities, which one must not arouse in vain. For it is terrible when the whole man resonates with echoes and echoes, none becoming a real voice." Elias Canetti

No comments: