Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm stronger this time. But that doesn't make me any less sad. 

I've never been a really big fan of endings. 
I hate it when I finish a book (although there is a real sense of accomplishment that comes along with that one), I don't like it when movies end (even though sometimes my butt hurts from sitting in one place for a while), and then there are goodbyes which take endings to a whole different level since they involve people. Real. Deal. People. 

-->Today marks the last two weeks at my middle school placement. I can't believe it's time to say goodbye to the people I have worked and played with since August. When trimesters ended and began I couldn't imagine a new group of 165 students - but I have been so blessed with some of God's funniest, talented, thoughtful, and caring group of kids. They have made me a better person. 
-->In less than a month I'll call a new place home. Long story, but God worked out the details, and it's time to say goodbye to the lovely little yellow house on foothills. This house has seen tears and laughter, late nights and early mornings. Hot weather and cold weather, good days and bad days and it's share of sleepers. 
-->In exactly a month Spring Break begins. Mine will be filled with adventures, applications, surprises, paychecks, and hopefully sleep.
-->Two and a half months are left until graduation and Ecuador. That will be the end of what I have planned for formal schooling. I hope to always be a student, but perhaps I will never have to pay to sit in a classroom and have information passed my way - but then again, never say never. 

I'm different than last time I faced all these endings. I feel more whole, more stable, more okay with the change. I know the road is always bumpy - but this time I think I am more aware of Who is holding my hand. He makes the future not so scary. 

"I've learned that good-byes will always hurt, pictures will never replace having been there, memories good and bad will bring tears, and words can never replace feelings." 

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Oh, my dear.

I agree with you. Goodbyes are rarely fun and even more seldom easy. If there is one thing that I have learned through all my "endings" is that it's just a beginning of something new. I know that's cliche but it rings true in my life time and time again.

So while this is the end of you being a 'student', it's the beginning of you teaching students.


As far as the other leaving-the-house ending.... I don't want to talk about it. :(



In case you've forgotten, I love you. ;)